Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gall Bladder Effects?

I had my gall bladder removed a year and a half ago. I have had quite a few problems since. Is my situation normal? I'm 19 years old. I was sick for a year and the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me. Finalllllly, after numerous testing we found that I had alot of gall stones. why it took them so long, I will never know! So I had surgery last October. My recovery was fine. I went to my post apt and was cleared. My doctor did not give me ANy directions for diet or anything afterwards. So I went back to eating normal. I don't eat bad. I eat a well balanced meal twice a day and a snack (usually fruit or Special K bars). Nothing about my eating habit has changed. However, I have to 'go' immediately after eating ANYTHING it seems. Sometimes I make it three or four hours, but usually it is withing an hour, maybe two. Another note... I have went from 140 lbs- 175 in a year and a half... all happening after the surgery. Size 8 to size 12. I need help!Gall Bladder Effects?
I had mine removed over 5 years ago and I had the same problems as you are talking about. Theres relly not a whole lot that you can do about it since you eat a balanced diet. but if you haven't already you need to talk to your doc.
I had mine removed 10 years ago and it doesn't get better you just learn to deal with it, IT SUCK!!!!!
Been there, done that. I had the same problem for almost a year after having my gallbladder taken out, then it stopped. Some foods will still do it-like high fat foods and foods that are hard to digest like steak and sometimes raw vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment