Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fibriod tumors?

any women out there have any advice for someone who was just told the other she has fibriod tumors of the uterus, and they are in the uterine wall can not be removed by d&c. my doctor wont give me hormones because I smoke and im 30 years old.Fibriod tumors?
From experience....have you considered a hysterectomy? I had a 2 1/2 lb. tumor on my uterus that had grown thru the walls of it and had to have one. I don't know if you have children or want to have them, but I had no choice but to have the surgery. I will say that the surgery was the best thing I have ever done. No more periods or pain caused by the tumor. I didn't know I felt so bad until afterwards and I felt like a new person. The dr. left my one "good" ovary so that I could go into menopause naturally, which is much easier than being thrown into it all at once. Please don't believe all the horror stories about hysterectomys! I did not gain weight and my sex drive has increased. I was back to work in 4 weeks and the pain from the surgery was minimal. I was only in the hospital for 2 days. I highly reccommend it. Just ask your dr. and get all the information you can. I wish you luck.
You did not say if you suffer from heavy periods, frequent periods, or any other problems caused by the fibroids.
If your doctor did not suggest a hysterectomy so far, that is a good sign. I never encourage any of my friends to have an elective surgery because any surgery has its dangers. So, as long as you are symptom free just ignore the tumors. But, once they do disturb you and cause you pain, heavy bleeding etc. you might to have to consider a hysterectomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment