Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First-timer - I need to know the best & safest birth control method that does not include the pill or anything

that interferes with hormones. I was considering an iud and condoms, of course. Are either of these top choices that are safe? Please help!First-timer - I need to know the best & safest birth control method that does not include the pill or anything
Best and safest birth control? - Not having sex...
Otherwise I would definitely use a condom, and maybe even some spermicide. Some condoms have it on the outside, in case they break and it'll kill the sperm. There are also vaginal contraceptives. With these you just place them in your vagina. The easiest thing that my girlfriend and I use is a little paper type thing that you fold up and place it in her vagina 15 minutes before sex, then when I come in her, it kills the sperm, thought its only about 80% effective, you could use that plus a condom, which has a higher effeciency rate.
I know I'll sound like a old grandpa saying, just thoroughly think about who you have sex with, and how old you are.
condoms. you want to protect yourself against disease as well as pregnancy. the best option is abstinence.
I also cannot take hormonal birth control. Even though it is more of an inconvenience (especially when you are married like me), condoms are your best bet. I have heard of several friends that have had complications from IUD's. I am not willing to try it. Hope this helps! :)
IUD's are inserted and taken out by doctors every 5-10 years. The Mirena IUD releases progestin (hormone). Other types of IUD's contain copper that is released into your uterine cavity. I would go with condoms really since you are against hormones. The problem there is that you have to be dedicated and use them EVERY time. IUD's are also associated with heavy periods and menstrual pain.
Either way, both are considered reliable but all b/c methods have cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment