Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gained weight from birth control?

I have been on birth control for only 2 months and i have already noticed i have gained weight. Im constantly bloated and no exercise i do helps. If i stop taking birth control, will i drop down to my normal weight again?Gained weight from birth control?
Probably. That happened to me as well, few years ago. Weight gain is one of the side effects of taking the Pill- your best bet would be to switch brands, ask your gyno for something else and see how your body reacts to it.
Probably, but not quickly. Start exercising.
Yes, you will. this is a side effect on my birth control as soon as you stop taking them you will slowly go back to your normal weight.
Yes i gained weight on birth control pill. Once you discontinue treatment your body will go back to normal in a month or two. If you read the side effects of birth control it states that the high levels of estrogen/estradial causes weight gain in the abdomen, buttocks and legs. when you discontinue taking these high levels of estogen you will quickly return to normal and won't be prone to gain weight in these areas. You should talk to your doctor about taking what is called extra low dose estrogen, it works just as well yet has very mild to no side effects.
Everyone different. As for me when I was only on the pill for a month and I gain 15lbs in one month so I got off the pill it took awhile for me to get back to my regular size. It took some hard work outs, excersizing, and dieting. I will never get on the pill ever again.
which birth control are you on?
this birth control may be causing you to gain weight.
if you stop taking it, then you would have to work out to get rid of that weight. it won't just drop down because you stop taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment